pixel FBVFC Header pixel
pixel
 
Fire Safety Tips
HISTORY
Old Engine Pic


The Fredericksburg Volunteer Fire Company had its beginnings in 1882 as the Fredericksburg Fire Department. Our roots have passed down through the years as a volunteer organization. In 1922, the City of Fredericksburg saw a need to hire a career firefighter to augment the volunteers. In 1945, the Fredericksburg Fire Department, which was career and volunteer firefighters at the time, was reorganized into two organizations, a career department and the volunteer fire company. Both organizations shared the one fire stations quarters until the Samuel E. Perry Fire Station 2 was built on Altoona Drive. The Fredericksburg Volunteer Fire Company now occupies the top floor of Station 2 with an office, kitchen, and combination meeting room and sleeping quarters. This allows volunteer fire personnel to spend the night and be at the station to respond on the truck immediately. Volunteer firefighters can also pull duty at either Station 1 or 2.

Facebook Link
pixel
Chief's Corner
 
Join The Team
 
CONTACT: Fredericksburg Volunteer Fire Company • P.O. Box 662 Fredericksburg, VA 22404-0662 • email: fvfcchief@gmail.com
Copyright ©2011 Fredericksburg Volunteer Fire Company. All rights reserved.